суббота, 20 сентября 2014 г.

Vocabulary Sci-Fi
Have you ever thought about enormous benefits which knowledge of English brings youNot only you can chat with people from different countries and have small talks with your foreign friends but also talk business with partners at work. That is why almost everyone is learning English no matter what his/her mother tongue is. Undoubtedly, today process of learning is easier and funnier than it was 20-30 years ago and it’s not very difficult for me to tell the difference between ways of learning foreign languages nowadays and few decades ago. If I had an opportunity to write a letter to my peers from the past it would probably be like this:
Dear friends,
I am writing to you from the year 2014 to tell all about the most efficient ways of improving your level of English. I’m trying not to be out of touch with modern techniques needed to master my language skills so I can talk non-stop about it.
To begin with, the best way to learn a language is to communicate with  native speakers. Having an Internet connection, you can always get hold of your pan-pals from English speaking countries by writing e-mails to them. If you like having conversation face to face and think that you will not be able to convey your feelings through an e-mail, don’t worry. Today we have a special programme called «Skype» using which you can actually see a friend, smile or wink at him.
Secondly, a highly effective way is watching English movies where you can hear different regional accents and simply learn how to understand different speakers because everyone has his own peculiarities of pronunciation. Also listening English songs is really helpful and almost effortless, you simply whistling the melody and automatically remembering words.
Moreover, there are billions of sites you can bump into while surfing the Internet that can help you memorize new words. One of them is English Thesaurus where you can make a map with any word and see all collocations with it.  It looks like this:
If learning long lists of words is so boring for you that you are sitting and yawning, you can use such sites as «just the word» or «fraze.it» which helps you visualize words.


If to speak my mind, «Quizlet» is the site that I like the most. I can practice new words doing different tests and also create my own flashcard set. I’ve already tried it. Here you can see how it lookshttp://quizlet.com/49786812/theatre-for-the-deaf-flash-cards/
As you can see, modern technologies simplified process of learning very much. With help of online dictionaries, sites where you can improve your vocabulary you can make your English so perfect, others would think that it is your first language. I wish you good luck! Hope to hear from you soon.
Best wishes,
Margaryta


1 комментарий:

  1. If to speak my mind, I am aware of the fact that our peers from the past are a little bit out of touch with modern technics of mastering language skills. Mind you, I find your blog post very useful. I assure you that you proposed a perfect example of the letter which will be helpful for our friends from the past. By and large, you suggested a lot of ways of learning English.

    ОтветитьУдалить